Here at The 504, we do have some submission guidelines that we would like you to follow. If these guidelines are not followed, your submission will be rejected.
- The theme for this submission window is horror. (As long as it falls on the spectrum of horror we’ll accept the submission.)
- We accept fiction, non-fiction, and poetry – up to 5000 words.
- Keep in mind we receive a LOT of poetry. So you have a better chance of being published if you submit a short story.
- To see 9 reasons why you should write and submit short stories click here.
- It must be work that has never been published before.
- You must use this page to submit.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions, however once your piece is accepted elsewhere please inform us.
- The window to submit is June 15th through September 1st.
- We will make every attempt to notify you of our decision by September 15th.
Things that make us put down stories in a hurry…
I love the possibility of new worlds and adventures, but I need coherence and readability. I don’t want to get caught up because of a lot of grammatical errors.Rosa Meronek
I focus on story and craft. If you choose to use “-ly” adverbs or exposition they need to do something for your story.Devin Vandriel
When a story starts with “once upon a time” as part of a weak opening paragraph, or too much exposition between character dialogue, or ambiguous plot lines and extreme racism or sexism.Dimitri Van Driel