Here at The 504, we do have some submission guidelines that we would like you to follow. If these guidelines are not followed, your submission will be rejected.
- We accept fiction, non-fiction and poetry up to 5000 words.
- We accept flash fiction, non-fiction, and poetry as long as it’s 1,000 words or less.
- Click here for an example of what we’re looking for. (Novel excerpts must be truly exceptional to be accepted. And MUST tell a story that stands on it’s own.)
- To see 9 reasons why you should write and submit short stories click here.
- It must be work that has never been published before.
- You must use this page to submit.
- We do accept multiple and simultaneous submissions, however once your piece is accepted elsewhere please inform us.
- The window to submit is January 1st through March 15th.
- You will be notified of our decision by April 1st.
Things that make us put down stories in a hurry…
I love the possibility of new worlds and adventures, but I need coherence and readability. I don’t want to get caught up because of a lot of grammatical errors.Rosa Meronek
I focus on story and craft. If you choose to use “-ly” adverbs or exposition they need to do something for your story.Devin Vandriel
When a story starts with “once upon a time” as part of a weak opening paragraph, or too much exposition between character dialogue, or ambiguous plot lines and extreme racism or sexism.Dimitri Van Driel